Waiting On: Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features upcoming releases.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone
by Laini Taylor
September 27, 2011
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

Amazon | Goodreads
This book sounds so freaking awesome. The cover is completely gorgeous and reminds me of Carnival and Mardi Gras. And, as if the mind-blowing synopsis and mysteriously beautiful cover were not enough, I see this on Goodreads:


If Pat Rothfuss approves, then I'm sold, because he's basically amazing. I must have this book.

What book(s) are you waiting on?

18 comments:

  1. Oh man! What an intense read. And, yes, if Rothfuss approves sign me up. Thanks for posting this. Have you read The Wiseman's Fear yet?

    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so good! I haven't read anything by Laini Taylor, but I'm already hearing great things about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lacey - I have read The Wise Man's Fear and it is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about this one as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is second time I see this today. :) And this is definitely on my wishlist as well, it sounds fantastic!

    Carina
    (My WoW)

    P.s.: Your blog is really pretty! :) I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful choice, I have an ARC of this one but I need longer days to be able to read it soon xD
    I'm a new follower too :D
    This is my Waiting on Wednesday.

    And BTW, I have two international giveaways going on right now so feel free to pass by and enter :D

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're definitely waiting on this one too! We LOVED Lips Touch by her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dying to read this one! It was my WoW pick a few weeks ago and I'm still drooling over it. I'm madly jealous of anyone who has an ARC of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick!! I want to read this one too!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this cover! I'm looking forward to this book!
    You can check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if you like!
    PS, I am your 300th follower! Awesome!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a good pick, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seen this around a bit today. Hadn't heard of it before. What a great setting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got them both!? Awesome. I just signed up for Netgalley and am trying to prepare my blog so I can get approved for some ARCs. Any suggestions?
    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patrick Rothfuss endorsed? Oh, boy, and I was already looking forward to this release! Not too far away now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I saw Patrick Rothfuss loved it, I picked up my ARC and started reading it that very second!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Laini's style, so beautiful and haunting and creepy! LOVE her! And can't WAIT for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is like the third or fourth time that I've seen this book as a WoW pick, and I cannot wait for it. It looks like it's going to be AMAZING!

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check out my Third Sentence Thursday!
    What am I waiting on Wednesday for?
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw you were "waiting on" this! We've got it up for giveaway on our blog!

    Check out Sash's IMM!
    Also check out our AWESOME giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!