Waiting On: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features upcoming releases.

Anna Dressed in Blood
by Kendare Blake
August 30, 2011
Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story…

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.

Amazon | Goodreads
How creepy and awesome does this book sound?! I wish that there was more good YA horror, and this one looks like it is going to be an amazingly spooky good time. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. And the cover is gorgeous!

What book(s) are you waiting on?

25 comments:

  1. I keep hearing that this one is so good. I'm excited for it too; as much as I hate being scared out of my mind, I can't get enough of the thrill. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm so excited to read this one. I've heard nothing but good things, and the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely looking forward to reading this too! Great pick! I've heard nothing but praises for this book. :)

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to this one as well, a great pick.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've really read any YA horror, so this will be an awesome introduction it looks like. Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first line: "Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story…" I hope it's really scary! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAHHH Anna Dressed in Blood looks freakin' awesome!! I can't wait for this to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very excited about this one too. Love ghost stories and this sound amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very excited about this one too. I think it sounds AWESOME. Amazing pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SOOOO looking forward to reading this! I hope it's a really awesome read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY creepy! I hope it doesn't let us down by turning into mush.

    Thanks for stopping by! (old follower)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds very creepy, good choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just love this cover, I featured it in one of my Cover Crazy posts. The story line is enticing and indeed quite creepy.

    I can't wait for this one either... Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creepy. Really want to read this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds so good! I can't wait to read it either! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds fantastic! The title and cover is very eye catching.

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting - I've become a follower.

    The cover on this book is brilliant; beautiful and haunting. The synopsis sounds good, too and I don't read enough YA written from a male POV. It's going on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by! This one is on my list, as well. It looks so spooky and intriguing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh I don't really do horror stories but I hope that you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've only heard good things about this one. It sounds like such a fun read. Maybe not at night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is also a good one!!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely "waiting on" this one too as I've heard nothing but great things!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Creepy and spooky. Love the cover too.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, me too!! Ever since I first saw this on somebody's WoW, I have wanted to read this book. It sounds so incredible, and I agree with you--there isn't that much YA horror though I would actually love to see more of it. I also really like how the cover has that creepy edge to it that the synopsis promises. Great choice :).
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!