Suggested Reading: Novels in Verse

I am often asked for suggestions or recommendations of books containing particular themes, styles, settings, etc. So rather than looking through books and making lists for one person at a time, I decided to start featuring these suggestions in blog posts. Much more efficient, right? And perhaps it will encourage some people to try new things or to further explore some of the areas of literature that they've enjoyed in the past.

Recently, I was asked by someone for a list of novels in verse that she should try, so I'm going to start this feature off with those.

Some of these I've read and liked, and some are in my bookshelf or on my to-read list. I've provided links to Amazon and Goodreads for easy wish listing. There are also links to my reviews for the ones that I've reviewed on the blog.

Crank by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Glass by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Burned by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Identical by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Tricks by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins   Amazon | Goodreads

Crank Glass Fallout
Impulse Perfect Burned
Identical Tricks Triangles

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder   Amazon | Goodreads
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder   Amazon | Goodreads
Far From You by Lisa Schroeder   Amazon | Goodreads | My Review
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder   Amazon | Goodreads | My Review

I Heart You, You Haunt Me Chasing Brooklyn Far from You The Day Before

Exposed by Kimberly Marcus   Amazon | Goodreads
Orchards by Holly Thompson   Amazon | Goodreads | My Review
family by Micol Ostow   Amazon | Goodreads

Exposed Orchards family

Because I am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas   Amazon | Goodreads
Displacement by Thalia Chaltas   Amazon | Goodreads
Purple Daze by Sherry Shahan   Amazon | Goodreads

Because I am Furniture Displacement Purple Daze

You Are Not Here by Samantha Schutz   Amazon | Goodreads
Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams   Amazon | Goodreads
What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones   Amazon | Goodreads
Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff   Amazon | Goodreads

You Are Not Here Glimpse What My Mother Doesn't Know Make Lemonade (Make Lemonade Trilogy)


If you've read some of these, comment with whether or not you liked them! And if you see anything on this list that you will be adding to your to-read list, or know some other novels in verse that you'd like to suggest, share that as well.

If you would like to see suggestions for a particular genre or theme, e-mail me with your request(s) and I'll do what I can to conjure up a list!

2 comments:

  1. oh this is SUCH a gorgeous post.

    i ADORE novels in verse and have only read about a quarter of these. i think sonya sones is my fave of the ones up above :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Ive recently read The Day Before and LOVED it! so I really really want more novels in verse to read. I am bookmarking this post and going to see what I can get! :D

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!