Waiting On: The Lucky Kind by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features upcoming releases.

The Lucky Kind
by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
May 10, 2011
High school junior Nick Brandt is intent on getting a girlfriend, and Eden Reiss is the one that he wants. He has exactly four semesters to get the girl, but when the phone rings on an otherwise ordinary Tuesday night, life for Nick and his parents will never be the same. What had been a seemingly idyllic home life has become something else entirely. But with this shake-up comes a newfound confidence for Nick; he's become a bolder version of himself, no longer afraid to question his parents, and no longer afraid to talk to Eden.

Alyssa B. Sheinmel has written a powerfully gripping story about family secrets, falling in love, and finding luck in unexpected--and sometimes unwelcome—circumstances.


Amazon | Goodreads
This sounds like an amazing story in which a character simultaneously experiences both a terrible situation and an amazing one. It looks like The Lucky Kind is going to be really good, I hope it will be, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

What book are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. great wow chick....


    hers mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right this does sound like an amazing story, and I like that it has a male protagonist. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds great! I don't normally read male MC's but I think I need to make an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to read a review on this one !! I love the cover =) ! Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. I love books written from a guy's POV. Adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories about family secrets...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels like this book has been on my TBR list for quite some time now. And it comes out next week?! Yay! I will definitely be picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. I loved her first book The Beautiful Between so I have been waiting for The Lucky Kind for forever!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may be judging this book by its cover because I love it but the premise also sounds very interesting and the fact that this is from a guy's POV has peeked my interest more because there isn't enough of books out in YA from boy POVs :)

    Great pick!

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!