Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop (7)


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View.
Check it out to sign up and participate, or to discover some awesome book blogs!

This week's question:
What is the book you are currently 'pushing' (as in trying to get people to read it)?

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner - After Gen's bragging lands him in the king's prison, the chances of escape look slim.  Then the king's scholar, the magus, needs the thief's skill for a seemingly impossible task - to steal a hidden treasure from another land.  To the magus, Gen is just a tool.  But Gen is a trickster and a survivor with a plan of his own. 
Goodreads | Amazon

The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan - They have always scared him in the past—the Rangers, with their dark cloaks and shadowy ways.  The villagers believe the Rangers practice magic that makes them invisible to ordinary people.  And now 15-year-old Will, always small for his age, has been chosen as a Ranger's apprentice.  What he doesn't yet realize is that the Rangers are the protectors of the kingdom.  Highly trained in the skills of battle and surveillance, they fight the battles before the battles reach the people.  And as Will is about to learn, there is a large battle brewing.  The exiled Morgarath, Lord of the Mountains of Rain and Night, is gathering his forces for an attack on the kingdom.  This time, he will not be denied. (Description from Book 1) 
Goodreads | Amazon

 The Book Blogger Hop is a meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.
Check it out to sign up and join in, or to check out some great book blogs!

This week's question:
What are you reading now, and why are you reading it?


I am currently reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, because I just finished reading Shiver for a book group monthly read.  I am also reading Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta, which is also a book group selection.

I am about to begin reading Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton to review on the blog, as well as Choker by Elizabeth Woods for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge.
Welcome to all of the new faces, and welcome back to the old ones!
Here is what has been happening on my blog this week:

Reviews:
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

Extras:
In My Mailbox #10
Book Buying Ban

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I love Marlina Marchetta but have yet to read Finikin of rock! do you like it?? have you read her other stuff

    Hopped by Kylie
    www.kylie1403.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already a follower, but i thought i'd drop by and say hi and happy hopping! :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! I absolutely LOVED Linger! I really hope you're enjoying it. I liked it a lot more than Shiver (COLE!!!!) even though I adored the first one :) I'm a huge fan of Isabel, too :P Happy Friday!

    Here's my hop and weekly round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopping by from the blog hop. I need to read Shiver. Just haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I loved Linger. I really liked Finnikin of the Rock too, although her contemp fiction is better.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm visiting from the book blog hop. I liked Shiver. I still need to pick up Linger. I recently read Lament, one of her fey books, and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the hop. I really liked Shiver, Linger and her other book Lament as well. I want to her other book Ballad when I get some time.
    NC
    http://trulybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Shiver and Linger! Angelfire is up next on my TBR pile as well. Nice blog. I'm a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    New follower :)

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading a Lisa Scottoline book.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!