Favorite Covers: November 2012

Here are some of my favorite covers for November 2012: The Red, Black & White Edition

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor Reached by Ally Condie Black City by Elizabeth Richards

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
I love the eye makeup. I love the coloring and lighting. I love the font. The covers for this series are frakking gorgeous.
Amazon | Goodreads

Reached by Ally Condie
The thing that I love about the covers for this trilogy is that they have a progression and tell a story on their own. Girl in bubble, girl breaking free of bubble, girl stepping out of bubble. The colors tie in with the three pills from the books. They're minimalistic and symbolic.
Amazon | Goodreads

Black City by Elizabeth Richards
BOOM! Shattering flower shrapnel. I don't even know what this book is about, but it's got what is basically an exploding flower on the front, so I'm gonna at least look at it to find out.
Amazon | Goodreads


Do you also like any of these covers? Are there any books that you're tempted to buy for the cover alone? What new little works of art will you be picking up for your shelves this month? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I really love those covers! I love the meaning of the Matched series ones and the cover of Black City is just gorgeous, I would buy that book without even know what it is about, just for the amazing cover. I'm a sucker for covers as you can tell, actually I let myself go for a book based just on the cover from time to time. There are covers you just can't resist. This month has some really good ones. I love the cover of Colonization by Aubrie Dionne and the one from Echo by Alyson Noel. Those are really gorgeous too.
    Thanks for sharing this! Have a nice day :)

    Kar.-
    http://pause-time.blogspot.com

    P.S.: I'm pretty much starting my blog, so it would be really cool if you could find the time and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever purchased a book ONLY for the cover, though I've definitely added them to by TBR list based on the cover art alone. And I have opted NOT to buy a book if I didn't like the cover. So terrible, lol. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Love these covers! And I love that these posts always have a theme. :) Listening to DoBaS right now...I just couldn't wait for my copy to arrive so I purchased the audio. :P Loving every minute of it. I, too, like the progression of the Matched series covers and how they tie into the pills given to the citizenry for control. Even if I didn't enjoy Crossed as much as I'd hoped, I still appreciate the cleverness of the covers and am looking forward to Reached, just to see how the rebellion plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a signed copy of DoBaS from Powell's so I'm still waiting for it! Argahgarrrgghh! I still haven't read Crossed, but I really liked Matched. Maybe Reached's release will be good motivation to catch up.

      Delete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!