2013 Debut Author Challenge

I am totally going to be participating in the Debut Author Challenge over at hobbitsies.net for 2013. This will be my third time to sign up for it. I love reading books by debut authors. Every year, I find a few that are sure to become new favorites.

The goal is to read at least 12 YA debuts in 2013. I think that I can manage that pretty easily. I'd like to shoot for closer to 20 debuts, but I also want to work on getting the unread books that I already own read, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm sure that this list will get longer the more I look through catalogs and add the autumn books to it, but these are some of the debuts that I'm looking forward to (possibly) reading as part of this challenge:
  1. All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry 
  2. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
  3. Altered by Jennifer Rush
  4. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein
  5. The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
  6. Being Henry David by Cal Armistead 
  7. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
  8. The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell 
  9. Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield 
  10. The City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
  11. Dualed by Elsie Chapman 
  12. The End Games by T. Michael Martin 
  13. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger 
  14. Five Summers by Una LaMarche 
  15. Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans 
  16. Linked by Imogen Howson
  17. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd 
  18. Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
  19. MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza 
  20. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis 
  21. Pivot Point by Kasie West 
  22. Poison by Bridget Zinn 
  23. Reboot by Amy Tintera 
  24. Red by Alison Cherry 
  25. The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding 
  26. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston 
  27. Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson 
  28. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller 
  29. Taken by Erin Bowman 
  30. That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard 
  31. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
  32. Transparent by Natalie Whipple
  33. Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt 
  34. Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland 
  35. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Are you participating in this or any other reading challenges for 2013? What 2013 debuts are you looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. 2013 is a year FULL of AMAZING books! :D So ready for all of these fantastic reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I see many new favorites in my future.

      Delete
  2. Ah, hell. My list is going to take me forever to compile, and it's probably going to be a bazillion books long. I want to read all the books! The ones I own and the ones I don't. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want them all too! It was a tough effort to keep my list fairly small. I have so many unread books on my shelves that I really need to buckle down and try to read those first. But all these shiny new ones! Want.

      Delete
  3. Great list!

    Here's my list, if you're interested: http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/2013-dac-lust-list.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Great list! There are some books on it I am really excited about, like level 2, Dualed, The city of a thousand dolls <3, Mila, Poison, The murmurings, Chantress, Between the devil and the deep blue see, etc.. If I could, I would buy them right away :p

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The ARCs that I have are taunting me. I am sure that some of them won't make it to January without being read!

      Delete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!