Favorite Covers: October 2011

Here are some of my favorite covers for October 2011: The Parasols, Raincoats, & Storm Clouds Edition


Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
I have a thing for parasols. Just that is enough to make me like this cover, in spite of the whole girl + gorgeous dress thing being way overdone. I like the expression on the model's face, the coloring, and the creepy graveyard background as well.
Amazon | Goodreads

Past Perfect by Leila Sales
This cover is so whimsical and cute! So I like it, even if it doesn't really have anything to do with the story. I like the bright green raincoat and the daisy in the hair and the chalkboard rain drops. It's just fun, gosh darn it! And it makes me happy.
Amazon | Goodreads

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
My dresses never do awesome shit like the ones that these girls on book covers wear. Yeah, it's yet another girl in a gown. But look what hers is doing! I like fabrics that do weird stuff. You guys know this by now. I just want to replicate this in real life. I bet Cinna could do it.
Amazon | Goodreads


Do you also like any of these covers? Are there any books being published this month that you're tempted to buy for the cover alone? What new little works of art will you be picking up for your shelves this month? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I Love the Parasols :) Not too keen on raindrops. Dearly, Departed and Carrier of the Mark look like two books Ill have to add to my TBR List :)
    OF
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these covers! Past Perfect in particular is very cute! I like the raindrops! And I definitely love how the girl on the cover of Carrier of the Mark has a dress that is doing weird shit! Ahaaha! And parasols are so badass!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an ARC of Dearly, Departed and it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Past Perfect book sounds fantastic. Love that cover, too.
    Ebook giveaway going on on my blog. Stop by! :-)
    _yay_ @ BookthatThing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love all of these covers but my favourite is Dearly, Departed though I think the title text is spaced too far apart and I am always tempted to add that book to my TBR because of the cover but the synopsis makes it sound like it wouldn't be my kind of book so I always resist.

    Tris and Izzie I think was mostly added to my TBR because of its gorgeous cover but I might remove it because after only the first page I am really disliking it. Still the cover is convincing me to give it a better try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love that Dearly Departed cover. I know I should be over 'Sad Girls in Pretty Dresses' but, well. A parasol makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrier of the Mark is by far the most amazing cover ever. Dearlt Departed is my second fav. I agree with Phantom Paragrapher...not a fan of the raindrops. They all sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Phantom Paragrapher, Liza, TG - yes, parasols!

    @ Sandy - Tris & Izzie definitely has a GORGEOUS cover, but I've heard mostly bad things about it. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!