Favorite Covers: August 2012

Here are some of my favorite covers for August 2012: The Foreboding Edition

Touched Girl of Nightmares The Raft

Touched by Cyn Balog
I like a lot of things about this cover: the colors, the wispy tendrils, the creepy font, the distorted background. I don't know what the heck is going on, but aesthetically it's pretty awesome.
Amazon | Goodreads

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Look at all of the creepy! And Anna is like, "Here, Cas, come hold my hand while I stand barefoot on the sharp, craggy ledge of this pit of viscous, fiery lava souls that are trying to grab at me and drag me down into some Hellish DOOM," and I like that.
Amazon | Goodreads

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen
I like this cover because it looks all stormy and foreboding and dark, and the girl is laying on her contrasting yellow life raft with that appropriate expression on her face. I like the font because it reminds me of the stenciled words that are all over cargo. And I like that you can look at this cover and know exactly what this book is going to be about. Survival, huzzah!
Amazon | Goodreads


Do you also like any of these covers? Are there any that you're tempted to buy for the cover alone? What new little works of art will you be picking up for your shelves this month? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Touched!!!! The description sounds interesting but a lot of people seem to be saying it's not that good :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too. :( But the cover is still win.

      Delete
  2. I love the Touched cover too ! And the Girl of Nightmare's one is very creepy though. I will say, the Touched cover looks like the Warm Bodies cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing about the Warm Bodies cover! I think I like this one better, though.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read "Girl of Nightmares"! I have so many other books to finish reading first though.. bother. I'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! My copy of Girl of Nightmares won't be arriving until later this month, so I'm hoping to get several other books finished by the time it gets here. So many books, so little time!

      Delete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!