Favorite Covers: January 2012

Here are some of my favorite covers for January 2012: The Skies Edition

Under the Never Sky A Million Suns The Fault in Our Stars

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Lights in the sky! I love it. It gives off this almost Aurora Borealis effect, which is something that has always fascinated me. I also like it that the girl is not wearing a dress and is walking like she's in a movie and there's something exploding behind her. The brambles make it look wild. And I love it that the font has that same lit up sky effect that I adore about the background.
Amazon | Goodreads

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Space! I could look at space images all day long. They're beautiful and shiny and sparkly and amazing. Just like all the shiny, sparkly, spacey goodness happening on this cover.
Amazon | Goodreads

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
There are plenty of people who don't like this cover. And I get that. It's kinda randomly plain. But I love the bright blue color that reminds me of the sky on a pretty day, and the graphic simplicity of it has grown on me. The contrasting graphics and text have this yin and yang thing going that I can appreciate on the cover of a novel that is sure to be bittersweet. I like the idea of this book sitting there, among hundreds of girls in dresses, and looking different.
Amazon | Goodreads


Do you also like any of these covers, or am I alone in this? There are a lot of books with gorgeous covers this month. Are there any that you're tempted to buy for the cover alone? What new little works of art will you be picking up for your shelves this month? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome choices, I love the cover of A Million Suns.. I am going to have to buy a hardcover of it. And Under The Never Sky is really great to, I am actually suppose to get that later tonight when the UPS guy runs so I can't wait to see it up close. I am a little undecided on The Fault in our Stars, I love that it's simple but I also feel like it could use something more. I do like them all, though.

    Rally enjoy these posts, look forward to seeing what your favorites are for next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love AtheU series! Both books are awesome. I just got my JG copy today. Yay!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment!

If you like this post, then please subscribe to the RSS feed!